The rules are have changed: cost per kWh has replaced cost per watt the key value proposition.
New quality and performance metrics are emerging as manufacturers, system integrators, and project developers struggle to further differentiate their products in a market experiencing both increasing customer sophistication and rapid price erosion.
- Annual kWh yield per kWp installed ("real-world performance")
- Balance of System (BOS) and installation labor costs
- Warranty and quality considerations, including performance degradation
- Supply-chain support and logistics services
- Design and maintenance strategies to deliver optimal system performance over time while lowering total cost of ownership
- Environmental impact and product recyclability at end of system life